Hi, I’m Susan Drysdale
WordPress Specialist, Visual Designer and Photographer located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I create custom WordPress websites for small businesses and artists. I also offer branding design and photography services to help create a strong visual style for your organization.
Creative services that cover all the things you need to deliver a fresh digital presence for your brand.
With a wide range of creative skills - including graphic design, photography, HTML & CSS, and WordPress - I help small business clients provide user-focussed responsive websites - viewable on all modern devices...and I'm a little obsessed with touch-friendliness and user experience.
An experienced WordPress web designer helping businesses communicate and connect with the needs of their audience.
And when I’m not working, I’m out walking…
I travel around my city, Toronto, on foot every day, walking an average of 300km/month, taking tons of photos, many of which I share on social media as @drysdaleandco. Recently, I've added a section to my website called the Toronto Photo Gallery as an archive of all the great spots I visit and shoot around the city - still a work in progress, but I'll get it done...eventually 😉
More on my background
A Degree in Design and 2 decades of expereince working with small business
- BAA in Fashion Design from Ryerson University, 1994. Awarded the Theo Cokkinos Memorial Scholarship for excellence in couture design.
- Held positions in Account Co-ordination/Management and Customer Service in a few companies, including ones in the Advertising and Marketing sectors, throughout my 20's.
- Opened and operated a popular gift and accessories shop "Drysdale & Co." on Toronto's busy Danforth Ave. from 2003 - 2012.
- Extended retail business into online world, building the drysdaleandco.com online store in 2008 and started using WordPress for company blog.
- Transitioned to providing digital design services starting in 2011 when I began planning to get out of the retail business completely.
- Have worked with WordPress for a decade now, creating dozens of websites using a variety of themes and plugins.
I was raised on a dairy farm near the town of Midland in the Georgian Bay region of Ontario, Canada.
I've lived in Toronto since 1990. I currently reside in the Riverdale neighbourhood, near "The Danforth" with my spouse and our cats. I love our area of Toronto for its proximity to beautiful Don Valley Ravine, one of my favourite walking & photo spots.
I'm a creative, curious, detail-oriented, problem-solving nerd who loves the digital world we now inhabit and all the opportunities it provides.
I'm a Designer at heart
When I had a store I realized that was the part of running a company that I loved the most - being creative and working with new technologies to create awesome things that communicate to an audience. I saw many of my small business owner colleagues struggling with their branding look and their websites and realized I have exactly the right education, experience and skill-set to help people with the design, communication and presentation they need to support and grow their small businesses.
I'm a designer at heart, passionate about planning, organizing, researching and problem solving just as much as - if not more than - the "artsy" parts of being creative.
I also enjoy having the opportunity to work with so many different types of businesses and people. With these people in mind, I've developed a process to help anyone have a better looking, better functioning and better performing web presence - and it works really well.